Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Monday with some randomosity thrown in for good measure...




Gotta stick to my roots with some Menu Monday and of course, my favorite thing to discuss, randomosity! :D


Menu for October 3-7


Sunday: Chicken fajitas with homemade salsa (recipe below)

Monday: Lite shrimp alfredo (recipe here) served with grilled squash and zucchini

Tuesday: Turkey hot dogs, baked lays, broccoli

Wednesday: Panko coated tilapia served with jasmine rice and steamed vegetables

Thursday: Pesto!! Yummmmmy! (recipe here)

Friday-Sunday: BHAM!!!

Sunday night return dinner: Hamburger Helper (recipe..........not here. Read the box.)



Chili's Salsa (I've blogged this before, but can't find the link)

14 oz Rotel
14 oz can whole tomatoes (juice too)
1 yellow onion
1 jalapeno
cilantro
lime
garlic salt and cumin


Pulse the onion and jalapeno in the food processor. Add the can of Rotel and whole tomatoes with juice. Add the juice from one lime, 1/2 tsp of garlic salt and cumin, and some cilantro (about 1/4 of a bunch). Run for a few seconds. It will be thin (and delicious!) Add some kosher salt and taste!




I got Emma these shoes for fall yesterday. They are like suede material. I couldn't for the life of me find just plain black or brown in a size 4. These are cute and will do.


Emma got her first pair of skinny jeans. My mom would be so proud. :D They are actually really cute!! See above for the total package!





I really want to read this book. Has anyone read it yet? Please share!




What has been going on with y'all?
I'm going to be SUPER BUSY this week and next. I have eleventy billion papers to grade and grades to enter by Monday. Also, conferences start next week. Shoot me now. No life. Goodbye.
I will still be tweeting and trying to squeeze in another blog or two!
xoxo



6 comments:

  1. OH EMMM GEEEE Saturday 12-whenev wing fest
    Saturday night - brisket, squash cass, deviled eggs, roasted corn salad, caramel custard.
    Shit we are so excited and remember the garage from last night? I cleaned it out TOTALLY for the pups!! Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh!! Cutie patootie in her skinny jeans!!!

    I like HH, but I use super lean ground turkey & add in a can of green beans & corn. You know, to make it "healthier". We call it mush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOODNESS! Look at that cutie!!! LOVE the jeans. Might have to get a pair for Little Bit. OHHHHh!!!!! She is SOOOOOoooo cute! (just like her mama!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Emeline is cute. I will be needing her Christmas list next month, please and thank you!

    Dang, y'all head up to Birmingham a lot! I am geographically challenged and that seems like it's so far away? But you drive to Nash as well and that seems like it's so far away from you too. I need to google map this and get with the system!

    Love and miss! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better Em than me! You know I can't rock the skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweet little shoes and skinny jeans! I haven't read Freedom yet but may add it to my list. Have you been following the discussion started by Jennifer Weiner and Jodi Picoult about NY Times reviews and the gender bias in the way books are marketed and sold in this country (which started, in part, due to the NYT abundant Franzen reviews)? I find it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!