Y'all. I twittered the other night about eating the best potato soup of my entire life.
My sister tweeted back and said, "Is it moms?" Ummm, no. Sorry mom. but you have to try this new recipe. It is life changing in the soup division.
I LOVE soups in the fall and winter. Chili, vegetable soup, potato soup, any kind of hearty stew, serve all soups with a hunk of bread or crackers=yum!!
I was having a hard time deciding between Mrs. Life Accounts potato soup or D.A.R.'s potato soup recipe. I looked over both and carefully weighed the options. I pretty much combined them, but went more with DAR's. Check the links to see their exact recipes!
Here is what I used and did:
Cheesy Baked Potato Soup-by DAR
5 C chicken broth
almost 6 C peeled and chopped potatoes
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 t kosher salt
1/4 t freshly ground pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1-8oz package light cream cheese, cut into chunks
Chopped cooked turkey bacon
This made enough for two nights of dinner.
1. Combine broth, onions, potatoes and spices in stock pot and bring to boil.
2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Mash about 1/2 of the potatoes so that the stock thickens.
4. Reduce to low and add cream cheese.
5. Stir frequently until cream cheese is melted and soup is thick.
6. Top with cheddar and bacon, eat until your tummy explodes.
It is a game changer y'all. For realz. Try it if you like potato soup, you won't be sorry!