It's Monday, and it's random. Let's do bullets.
- At the end of August, J went out of town for work, so I packed the kiddos up and we came to visit Birmingham. Fun times were had by all! Friends were seen and played with. We left on Saturday and came home. In the process of leaving, I managed to HIT A CAR parked at the end of my sister's driveway. So, that was a nice parting gift. Can't wait to see our new insurance bill.
- We've been busy playing and catching up on housework and being back at home. On Thursday, my dad called to tell me that my mom fell at work and broke her leg. So, I called in reinforcements (my AWESOME in laws) and they came to stay and take care of the babies with J so I could come home to care for mom.
- Packing for yourself only after ALWAYS packing for two kids is a glorious, light feeling. I also made record time home because I didn't have to stop and feed anyone or change diapers.
- My mom is pitiful. That is all.
- I also am not even CLOSE to being ready to dealing with sick parentals. Please GOD don't let anything happen to either of our parents. I cannot deal with caregiving while having two small children. It's just freaking sad.
- Sarah and I are consigning a crapload of stuff for this MASSIVE sale at the end of September. When I say crapload, I mean SIX lawn size trashbags full of stuff. It was due on Saturday morning. Since sissy got her job, she hasn't been able to do all the work like we originally intended. So, needless to say after she got home on Friday, we started wine consumption and were up until 1:00 AM labeling, pricing, pinning, and hanging those SIX bags of clothes, toys and other miscellaneous sale items.
- We did get to sleep in since both kiddos were in absentia, but were up by 8:30. We jetted to the drop off point with some friends and spent a good 2 hours in a HERD of other crazy consigners hanging and organizing all of our business.
- Mom got out of the hospital from surgery on Saturday. Again, it is sad. She broke her tibia and shattered her ankle bone, and now has a plate and some screws in there. So, no weight on the foot obvi. We spent all of Friday finding her a bedside commode, a shower stool, and a rolling walker. She is in a lot of pain and is trying not to be a "burden" and wants to do things herself.
- Today brought a reaction to the Percocet and me calling her doctor for another pain med that wouldn't contain codeine. That's harder than you would think.
- I've been a library book reading fool lately.
- I think my milk is drying up. But I'm not really sad because I have enough frozen to last for 4-5 months.
- I miss my children and husband like WHOA.
- I'm leaving Thursday to go to Nashville to see my grannie and bestie and to hit up a HUGE church consignment sale. What is a reasonable amount to spend on Emma and Harrison's fall/winter wardrobe? It will all be from consignment sales. I'm going to this church one and the massive one we sold our stuff to. I need to set a limit so I know what I can spend at each. I'm thinking 200$ per kid, so 400$ in all. (Not at each sale.) Harrison may need less since he's a baby, but I'm not sure because last season my MIL got Emma her fall clothes and then I bought some consigned stuff. Thoughts and advice please!
- Sorry I have been a slack ass commenter. I have been reading from my phone since I've been on the road so much. I will work on it!
What have you all been up to?