Friday, December 7, 2012

The week that kept punching me in the throat

This week has been a doozy. More than a doozy. I don't even know where to start except to go bullet style. I have to put this down so I can laugh (hopefully) one day, soon.

*Sunday at church while singing, my ear did something and started hurting. It felt like something was stuffed down in there. I couldn't hear out of my right ear. Well, what are you gonna do? We had a birthday party that afternoon, so I went with Emma and powered through. Then came home and took some medicine and a nap while the kids napped.

*Monday morning I got up and went to urgent care right when it opened. I was diagnosed with a raging double ear infection (really, at 33 years old?). Lots of sinus pressure and other lovely things going on in my face, too. The doctor called me in some medicine and off I went. I got to the pharmacy and realized it didn't open until 9:00. So, I went home. Jason had to get to work. After Harrison's morning nap, we loaded up to go get the meds. Kroger didn't have it. It was a rare form of Amoxicillin-Augmentin. Very high strength. So they called it over to Publix. So we go across the street, after about 15 minutes. I assumed it would be ready. It wasn't. They hadn't gotten the fax. So we waited. I finally went to get it and the lady said, "It's kind of expensive. It's $131." I am not lying, I felt so bad and was so frustrated, I burst into tears. And then told her sorry but no, and walked out. I called the Dr. back and said get me something cheaper, for the love. So, I had no meds until that night when Jason got them and came home. (Sidenote-he brought me "treats" for feeling bad. Doritos, a cookie from the bakery, and nacho cheese in a cup, like from Taco Bell. Ha! So sweet!)

*Tuesday, Harrison's ENT called about a culture they did last week. Harrison has strep in his nose-hence the constantly running/clogged up/boogerfest he has going on in there. So he needed Augmentin. No joke. I couldn't make this stuff up. I've never even heard of a strep infection in the nose. Probably from me picking his boogers out so often. So we hit up the Kroger drive through and tried to rally.

*Wednesday, my ear started hurting again. After not hurting on Tuesday. So, yeah. Just feeling clogged. Then I pulled out some form of a crusty booger from Harrison's ear. About three weeks after tubes. I just pray to GOD that this is not drainage from an ear infection. This is on top of school, lots of holiday school obligations, shopping, etc. Fighting kids, miserable feeling mom and kid, etc. Just blah. And Jason has to work late (like 10 pm) every night this week since it's the end of the fiscal year (or whatever it's called in accounting). So he gets to come home and deal with me and the kids after working.

*Thursday I was so done with the ear, so I called the Dr so I could go back in and find out WTF. The kids had early release, so I had to pick them up by 11:30. The Dr. office told me they were packed and wouldn't be able to get me in before pick up. So, no doctor. After pickup and a McDonald's lunch/playground festivus, we came home and took early  naps. All of us. Me with alcohol and a cotton ball in my ear. Upon waking up, I felt much better. Until I blew my nose. Then it all started up again. And Harrison was a FUSS BUCKET. So I bundled both of them up like Ralphie in A Christmas Story (it was about 45-50*) and we played outside on our playground and drank cocoa. Cause something needed to redeem the day. And it was great until Harrison poured the whole dog water bowl on himself. And was freezing.

*Friday (today) we have a playdate with some friends. The Dr. just called me and said to come in so he could look in my ear. So I'm about to take TWO KIDS TO THE URGENT CARE and pray I come out alive. Then, we are going to play. We have a very busy weekend with Altar Guild, another birthday party, cookie making for church, etc, so I have to be feeling better. Emotionally and physically.

I am just spent y'all. Taking care of kids is hard enough when you are well. And when you feel like shit-it's even worse. Duh. Obvious statement. Hopefully I will get this ear junk resolved shortly. And then we can go back to life as normal, with less throat punches. Okay, life? Thanks.


  1. Dang lady you aren't joking. Hope things get better at your house soon.

  2. Oh dear woman. This sounds awful. I hope everyone is on the mend soon! Hot cocoa helps everything. Have more. With booze.

  3. Hope the doc helps you to feel better Sus! I am sorry about Harrison too and no, I have NEVER heard of strep in the nose!! And here I thought I was having a tough week! You put it all in perspective for me. Mine is much better than I thought! Hang in there angel, IT WILL GET BETTER! ♥♥♥

  4. Yikes, girlfriend. I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I wish I lived closer so I could sisterwife it up with you!

    I hope you feel better soon - love you!

  5. Oh my gosh! I hope y'all get better soon!


Thanks for taking the time to comment!