Friday, February 26, 2010

Girls' Day!

Emma and I had soooo much fun today on our girls' day out!

Last night, however, Emma decided to wake up at 3:50 and stay awake until about 4:40 when I brought her into our bed. Naughty, I know. But you will do many things you say you will never do when sleep (or lack thereof) is involved. Moving on-she promptly went to sleep and I woke up at 5:30 in a panic-I don't like sleeping with the baby-I get nervous. I put her back in her crib. She lasted for all of 30 minutes-then woke up crying because she bashed her head on the side of the crib-isn't that the reason for bumpers? She can move around, so I am considering putting her bumpers back in. Anyways, we got in the guest bed because husband was snoring. We slept together until 7:30! Very nice, considering I normally get up at 5:45.

So, we had my observation meeting at 10:00-we went to that and Emma (who was clad in a pink gingham smocked dress-no pics unfortch) threw up on the principal's carpet. Oh well! :D I did great on my evaluation. Next, we went around visiting all of our teacher friends who haven't seen Emma since she was a newborn!

We left about 11:30 and went to run errands. Emma was so tired, she was practically holding her eyelids open with toothpicks. She passed out immediately. We went down to Babies R Us to do some returns/exchanges. I am a heinous friend and bought my bestie a newborn boy's outfit in December. I still haven't given it to her! I had to exchange it-I got him some six month outfits. At the rate I'm going, I won't meet him until close to then! Sorry Em! Love ya!

Next we went to the bank to make a deposit-big mistake at lunch time. It took us about 20 minutes! When we were finished, we ran by the Christian bookstore where I picked up two prayer books-Power Prayers for Women by Jackie M. Johnson and Building your Personal House of Prayer by Larry Kreider. I am excited to start these two books as part of my "reverse" Lent. The Power Prayers book is more for specific prayers-like "stress" or "trials" or "joy." The other book will be my new devotion. I am finishing up Purpose Driven Life and that will have its own post. (Weird note-I woke up in the middle of the night-when Emma was vacillating back and forth between sleeping and staring at the video monitor-and just started randomly praying. Then I felt like my prayers were "junky." I thought to myself-go to the Christian bookstore when you are out today. Then I went back to sleep. Weird-I guess God was trying to tell me to get on the prayer train. I needed to step it up!)

After shopping, we went to eat lunch-husband couldn't meet us due to interviewing peeps, so we had a girls' lunch at Subway-more like I ate while Emma slept. :D Then, it was back to school to pick up all of the papers that the kids completed today-I have GOT to catch up on some grading. The end of the term is near. Like in a week. Ewwww. My class got to see Emma for the first time-one of them asked me if she was my daughter. Really? Yikes.....

We started bee-bopping home, and Emmabear fell asleep again. We got home and had some pear/blueberry/oats and then some exersaucer time. This is what she is doing below-partying it up!

We just finished a bottle and Emma is working on her crawling skills. Srsly-I am going to lose 3 pounds a week once she really starts crawling! She is already into things and all over the place!

We are going to continue our girls' day until about 7:30-then it's bedtime. Husband has to work late tonight-it's month end in the accounting field.

We don't have much planned for this weekend-I have a skin cancer check at 8:15 in the morning-VOMIT! What was I thinking? Then I am going to workout and we have a birthday party to attend! Alright, I've got to go, Emma is trying to eat the Oriental-I don't even want to know what could be on there with two dogs and some messy parentals!

Have a fun weekend!
xoxo

PS-she looks seriously thrown away in these shots!
I did not take her out in public looking like this (mom).






Paci ring around the mouth!








Orange nose??





























Famous expression-it's almost like, "I know you dit-unt!"




















I'm reading.












It's really hard to take a self-portrait using a D-SLR.















10 comments:

  1. Yea!! Love the pics!!!Glad y'all had a fun day together and hope everybody sleeps better tonight! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for y'all! Suzanne, you are beautiful! Emma is adorable! Where is Baby's Belly Button is one of our very most favs EVER! Sounds like a great and productive day! So glad y'all got that time together!

    (I just worked out...and then ate five oreos....maybe I'm even? Nothing gained, nothing lost? ehhh.....it was worth it. I guess. They were good. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- It was fun to teach Emma all about Triangles today. She is way advanced for her age! Gad you had a nice day. S :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, by the way! I love Emma's Oh no you dit-unt face and all of that hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all were super-busy yesterday! Both of you are looking good!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! What a day! But I love the self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that last expression---too cute. She looks just like you! Such a cutie. Can I just say that you look AWESOME?? Your face looks so skinny. Way to keep meeting those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's reading Where Is My Belly Button!! :) Addison loves that book! So precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!